This listing is for a pair of jump drives (2WD)
Welcome to Jump Drive, a brand new ground up esk8 gearbox design. The jump drive is incredibly thin and light whilst also maintaining the highest levels of robustness - featuring steel helical gears for smooth and precise operation.
Available in three clamp designs (Apex,MBS Matrix 3 and Trampa) and fitting 3 different hubs on a single push fit adaptor we are sure you will find a combination that works well for your planned eMTB!
The Jump Drive was designed around 3 core principles:
Performance, Reliability & Maintainability.
- Incredibly thin and light weight at only 585g (including all hardware and gears).
- Huge ground clearance.
- Two ratios available ~5.5:1 and ~4.4:1
- Optimized Thermal Design to keep motors running cooler for longer.
- Close motor position giving more rear clearance.
- Blackened Steel helical gears with Hardened pinions.
- Thrust Bearings to protect motors from sideloads.
- No thread locker, fully retained motor pinion (when using Apex Motors).
- Dual gear bearings to support wheel gears.
- Proper Shaft Seals to keep grease in and water out.
- No hardware wheel adaptors allow quick switching between 3 different wheels (MBS Rockstar 2, Fivestar and Trampa Fatlads).
- One common tool to completely strip the drive down (3mm allen).
- Revolutionary fractional difference mount pattern giving angle adjustment in 6° increments.
- External backlash adjustment.
- All bolts and grubs accessible externally without opening the drive.
Please note, these drives work only with 8mm motor shafts. Our Apex Motors are the perfect companion for these drives, you may use your own motors but please note you may have to cut the shaft down. With the Trampa CNC adapter, which fits current 19.5mm CNC Trampa hangers. Trampa hangers have slightly shorter axles. This means you can only use Trampa Fatlads with these hangers.
A digital copy of the installation instructions is available here
Adventures For Everyone
We love Electric Mountainboarding! We sell parts and boards to riders of all abilities and experiance levels. Wether you are looking for a complete setup or parts for your own build - you are in the right place
High Performance DIY Parts
We pride ourselves on purveying the finest innovative lightweight and performance parts
Meet The TeamClick